THE WINE GUY

THE WINE GUY

Tuesday 29 November 2022

RAMBLING

 


Regular readers - I might need to rephrase that given the nature of the people who frequent this blog - irregular readers might recall that I've mentioned problems with my knee in the past: HERE , HERE , HERE , HERE , HERE , AND HERE although I admit that the last one was a bit gratuitous to regain your attention. These, I myself was surprised to discover, are just a small sample of all of the posts I've written about my knee. Aren't you glad that I've kept my blog history over the years and have used the excellent 'search this blog' function on blogger?


Anyway, the more observant reader will have noticed that my problem knee is my left knee. This is the one that I damaged indulging in extreme sport (golf) and had surgery on. For the last four years I've worn a knee brace when walking, and playing golf and tennis to provide support to the knee and, probably, to relieve my anxiety about it. The placebo effect if you will.

Just recently, over the last couple of months, this knee (the left knee) has seemed to be better and is not giving me as much 'gyp' as before. That's the good news. The bad news is that my right knee is now giving me the 'gyp' that the left knee used to. I haven't (consciously) damaged this knee but might have given it a hard time in the past with soccer and rugby, skiing, tramping and praying (when I was a Catholic as a youngster). When walking, golfing, playing tennis and doing gardening and household maintenance it's now the right knee that's the problem. What's that about?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are in pain. I suppose it is natural to put more load on the good knee when the other is sore. Google suggests "Rest, Ice, Heat, Compression and Elevation" for stress induced arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a good time to mention the rubber hammer.
    Hope that knee comes right. Shelley had a lot of trouble with her knees a year or so back but they seem to have come right. I know she takes a lot of turmeric - don't know if that's what has helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turmeric? Thanks I'll give it a go. It seems to be a good healer:

      Turmeric is often called the king of herbs, with a track record of helping to support cardiovascular, digestive, and a healthy stress response. It can also be efficient in supporting healthy joints and liver function. And, of course, it is a powerful antioxidant.

      Delete