THE WINE GUY

THE WINE GUY

Friday 5 December 2014

CHRISTMAS CHEER

Christmas and New Year are nearly here. This means that a fair bit of wine will be consumed.



To be fair though recently I've been consuming a fair bit even without the celebratory occasions.





I guess with Her Indoors away and living the bachelor life it's inevitable that I have the odd tipple.
The problem is though that the tipples are becoming almost daily. There was a time when I made sure that Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays were drink-free days. I'm now finding that 'Thursday' has become Tuesday.




It doesn't men that I get smashed 5 days a week though but I invariable have a bottle of wine open in the fridge and sometimes two - Chardonnay and Pinot Noir - so that while cooking and eating dinner I will have two glasses at least.

If Her Indoors was here then combined will might win out but on my own I succumb to temptation and even look to justification. As I work in the wine industry I can say that I'm keeping up with the opposition, wine-styles, new vintages etc. etc. etc.




Whatever the reason the fact is that I must be drinking about 20% more than in previous years.






I hardy ever drink beer though and virtually never drink spirits unless a monthly tot of a good Cognac or Malt whisky counts.

I must be a saint then, really.









No comments:

Post a Comment